We are thrilled to welcome you to the studio and to our wonderful community. Here, I’m going to share some tips to help you get the most out of your time with us.
We offer the most effective hot yoga and Pilates techniques available in the world from the best trained teachers who can help you meet your goals and heal your body. Whatever your goal, whatever your challenge, whatever your limitation, we are confident we can help.
We are on a mission to help people take control of their health and wellness so they can feel great and have a positive impact on the world.
You may have heard some crazy stories about hot yoga and Pilates. We’ve made this short video to help you thrive through your first class: How To Survive Hot Yoga without Puking, Fainting, or Dying We’re just goofing on the title, but the video has some great tips to get ready for your first class.
- Come to class well hydrated. You don’t need to drink a gallon of water. A rough way to estimate is to take your body weight in pounds and cut that number in half. Try to drink at least that many ounces of water per day. For example, a 150-pound woman should drink at least 75 ounces of water each day, more when you’re working out.
- Fuel your body. Your body needs fuel to perform work. Even for a morning class, have something light to eat before you come in. No one likes to work out on a full stomach, so don’t have a big meal within 3 hours of your first class.
- Take it slowly. It will take your body a few classes to acclimate to the heat. Come to class in first gear and see what you can do. Each class you’ll hear and be able to do more. You won’t believe how amazing you feel after finishing your first class.
- Wear light, athletic clothing. We heat the room so you can workout with a greatly-reduced risk of injury and a greatly-increased positive impact on your mood. Because it’s hot, you don’t need a ton of clothes. Most people wear shorts and a sport top or tank.
- Get the right gear. All students need a yoga mat, a large towel, and a bottle of water during class. All are available for rent or purchase at the studio.
Make it a goal to take at least ten classes during your intro month. You will see an amazing transformation physically and mentally.
Got questions? Reach out! We’re here for you.